Saturday, November 2, 2013

Mini Christmas Soap

I started selling my soaps only a few weeks ago. Since then I have been debating with myself whether or not to make a Christmas soap. Even though i hadn't decided on a fragrance or design, I finally decided to make a Christmas soap. Unfortunately, i did not have enough sodium hydroxide on hand, so i have to wait for my lye delivery and then decide how i will proceed. In the meantime i made a 1 pound loaf in my silicone mold. I used Bramble Berry's Tart Apple fragrance. This is a lovely scent that behaved very well. No acceleration or discoloration. I also added an ounce of goat's milk. I have never soaped with goat's milk so i was very happy that it behaved well. I did go with some traditional Christmas colors or white green and red. My red looks a bit pink like, so that's still a work in progress. I will cut it tomorrow to see how it turns out. I'm looking forward to my extra hour of sleep after we turn our clocks back 1 hour this weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment